There’s something so special about the holiday season in the Rocky Mountains. Twinkling holiday lights wrap around icicles, and stunning 14,000-foot mountains provide a background fitting for the North Pole.
In Estes Park, the holiday season is even more special — and it starts on the day after Thanksgiving. Instead of spending Black Friday shopping in crowded malls, Estes Park holds the annual “Catch the Glow” parade downtown.
The Catch the Glow parade features bands playing classic holiday tunes, dancers putting on energetic performances, decorated floats, and even Santa Claus. There’s no better way to get into the holiday spirit than to watch Elkhorn Avenue come alive. Plus, all events are free, so you can take the whole family along for the fun without worrying about the cost.
Catch The Glow Event Details
- Parade begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Families can play with animals, enjoy hay rides, and visit Santa in Bond Park from noon to 4 p.m.
- Estes Park Trolley runs from noon to 8 p.m.
Parking can get crowded for this popular event, so taking the trolley or parking away from Elkhorn Avenue is your best bet for stress-free transportation.
Estes Park Vacation Rentals For The Holiday Season
While summer is the busiest season in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain Park, winter is still a popular time of year to visit. People want to escape to Colorado for the holidays and be close to snow activities. As such, vacation rentals in Estes Park tend to fill up early for the holiday season.
If you want to spend Thanksgiving in Estes Park and catch the parade, we recommend making a reservation as soon as possible.
For the holiday season, keep these tips in mind as you book your vacation rental in Estes Park
- Stay a bit further away from downtown — downtown Estes Park can be especially busy during the winter because Rocky Mountain National Park has more limited access. Do yourself a favor and stay at a vacation rental a bit more removed from the hustle and bustle.
- Find a place with a hot tub — spending a crisp snowy night inside the warmth of a hot tub is truly incredible. To maximize winter in the Rockies, finding a place with a hot tub is non-negotiable.
- Consider a place that provides meals — depending on the season, it can get pretty snowy in Estes Park. The last thing you want to do is drive to the grocery store. Try to find a place that offers the option for a warm, homemade meal.
About Solitude Cabins In Estes Park
As the Top Rated Local® vacation rental cabins in Estes Park, Solitude Cabins is filling up quickly for the holiday season.
To check availability for specific dates, use our reservations resource or give us a call today. You can also browse our different cabin rates and options online to see which rental is right for your family.
This holiday season, treat yourself to solitude. Book online today at Solitude Cabins.